Ground pecans replace wheat flour in this old favorite you likely had many times growing up. For Italian flavor, add 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil, and 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese to the flaxseed mixture and serve with tomato sauce.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons ground golden flaxseeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce ½ cup ground pecans
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, ¾” thick
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- On a plate, combine the flaxseeds, salt, and paprika. In a wide shallow bowl, whisk the egg and soy sauce. Place the pecans on a plate.
- Dip each chop into the flax mixture, then in the egg mixture, and then into the pecans to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Cook the pork chops for 8 minutes, turning once, or until a thermometer inserted sideways in a chop registers 160°F and the juices run clear.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.