- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chicken
- Chef Belinda Everyday Spice Blend, or all-purpose seasoning, to taste
- ½ onion, halved
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ lemon, halved
- 6 to 7 sprigs oregano
- 1 cup Savory Bourbon Peach Sauce
- 2 peaches, peeled and quartered
How to Make It
- Place a cast iron skillet into the oven and heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Season chicken inside and out with the spice blend. Place the onion, garlic, lemon, and oregano into the cavity. Truss the legs and fold wings under chicken.
- Divide the bourbon sauce between two small bowls; reserve one bowl to serve with chicken.
- Remove hot skillet from the oven and transfer chicken to the skillet. Brush the chicken with half the sauce. Return the skillet to the oven and cook for 15 minutes; then lower the temperature to 350 degrees F. Spread the peaches around the chicken and cook for an additional 40–45 minutes, basting occasionally with additional sauce, until the temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. If the chicken is getting too brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving. Cut into desired pieces and serve with the reserved sauce and cooked peaches.