- Yield: 8 Servings
- ¾ cup (105 g) whole raw almonds
- 8 medium fresh apricots
- 2 slim stalks rhubarb
- Coconut oil, for greasing the pan 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- ¾ cup (90 g) coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped out and reserved, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup / 250 ml full-fat coconut milk Pinch of fine sea salt
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet, and bake until fragrant, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Leave the oven on.
- While the almonds are roasting, slice the apricots into quarters and the rhubarb into very thin slices. Rub just a little coconut oil on the bottom of a 9-inch / 23 cm tart pan or other shallow ovenproof baking dish. Scatter the fruit in the pan.
- In a food processor, pulse the cooled, toasted almonds until very finely chopped, so that they resemble sand but don’t go too far or you’ll have almond butter! Add the brown rice flour, coconut sugar, vanilla seeds, eggs, egg yolks, coconut milk, and salt, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the fruit and bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve warm.