- Yield: 4 Serving
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 strip steaks (1 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 bunches curly kale, stems discarded and leaves torn
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- Chopped fresh chives, for serving
How to Make It
- Season the steak with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Brown in 2 tablespoons of the oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a 425°F oven and cook until the center registers 130°F, 4 to 6 minutes more. Let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Cook the garlic in the remaining oil in a saucepan over medium heat, 2 minutes. Add the kale, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook until wilted. Add the cream and ¼ cup water; cook until tender. Add the beans; cook until warm. Serve with the steak. Top with the chives.