While the green smoothie is my everyday one, in winter this smoothie is a real tonic and the more variety we have in our food the better. I confess I’m stuck in bit of a rut with the routine of coming back from my walk and picking the greens from the garden as I go past without thinking, so sometimes I have to remind myself just how special this winter smoothie is and make sure I have the ingredients on hand to treat myself.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 350 ml unsweetened almond milk, preferably homemade
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 lime, peel, white pith and seeds removed
- 2 oranges, peel, white pith and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 15 g ginger, peeled and chopped
- 35 g raw honey
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and process until smooth and creamy. Divide among 4 glasses and serve.