A popsicle is a great refreshing treat to serve after a meal or just any time on a sunny day, and when made with sweet, ripe melons, hardly any sugar is needed. The children might not want to share these with you.
- Yield: 2 fl oz (8 x 50 ml) Popsicles
- 14 oz (400 g) honeydew, cantaloupe or Galia melon flesh (about ¼ melon with the seeds and skin removed)
- 1½ fl oz (40 ml) lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 1½ oz (40 g) caster sugar (if you use a Galia melon, you might need more sugar)
How to Make It
- Put the melon flesh, lemon juice and sugar in a blender and whiz until completely smooth.
- Pour into the popsicle moulds and place in the freezer for 4–6 hours until frozen.