- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic of 1 teaspoon from the jar
- 1 tablespoon of ground black peppercorns
- 400 grams of rump steak or 4 pieces
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 large kumara
- half a pumpkin chopped
- 4 large onions peeled and left whole or cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Cut the steak into 4 pieces and rub with the oil and garlic over both sides. Dip in peppercorns. Place in a zip lock plastic bag and marinate in the fridge for about half an hour.
- While steak is marinating peel or leave skin on all vegetables, wash and chop up and put into a large oven proof baking dish with another tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle a little salt over the top. Bake at 180C for about 50 minutes or until soft and crunchy.
- Heat a large fry pan on a medium heat and add the steak. Sear each side and cook for a further 5 minutes each side or until steak is done to how you like it.
- Serve with roast veg or mash your choice and green veg.