- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Paleo Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound (½ kg) fresh jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shells
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup (40 g) almond flour + 1/3 cup (50 g) for dredging
How to Make It
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, Tabasco, lemon juice, Old Bay and pepper.
- Place crab meat in a separate bowl, trying not to break up too many of the big chunks of crab.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the crab and, using your hands, gently mix all together. Add in peppers (if desired), green onions, and parsley, as well as ¼ cup (40 g) almond flour, and combine all. Set additional 1/3 cup (50 g) almond flour aside in a separate bowl.
- Form mixture into crab cakes of desired size (I like to use a ¼-cup [40-gram] measuring cup to create appetizer-sized portions). Dip top and bottom of the crab cakes in the almond flour, and set on greased sheet pan. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Place crab cakes in oven for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown.