- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 7 Hours
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, peeled if you wish, and quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3–4-lb boneless beef roast
- 26-oz jar gluten-free tomato and basil pasta sauce, divided
- ½ cup water
- 3 low-sodium, gluten-free beef bouillon cubes
How to Make It
- Place potatoes and onion in bottom of slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, brown roast on top and bottom in nonstick skillet.
- Place roast on top of vegetables. Pour any drippings from the skillet over the beef.
- Mix 1 cup pasta sauce and ½ cup water together in a small bowl. Stir in bouillon cubes. Spoon mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low 6–7 hours, or until meat is tender but not dry.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to serving platter. Cover with foil.
- Take 1 cup cooking juices from the slow cooker and place in medium-sized saucepan. Stir in remaining pasta sauce. Heat.
- Slice or cube beef. Pour sauce over the meat and vegetables or serve on the side.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.