With orzo as its base, this salad makes a filling meal that highlights the fresh flavors of white beans, grape tomatoes, and arugula.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 9 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 14 Minutes
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 cup commercial pesto, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (1⁄2-inch-thick) sweet onion slices
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- Orzo with Arugula and White Beans
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Brush fish evenly with 2 tablespoons pesto; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush 1 tablespoon pesto over onion slices. Toss tomatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon pesto, and place on a 12-inch square of heavy-duty foil. Fold edges of foil up around tomatoes to form a bowl, keeping tomatoes in a single layer. (Do not completely enclose.)
- Place salmon, onion slices, and foil bowl with tomatoes on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 14 minutes or until salmon is desired degree of doneness, onion is tender, and tomatoes begin to burst, turning salmon and onion after 7 minutes.
- Using a fork, gently break salmon into large chunks, and chop onion slices. Combine Orzo Salad with Arugula and White Beans, salmon, onion, tomatoes, and accumulated tomato juice. Toss gently; sprinkle with pepper.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.