- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into rings
- ¼ cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag (16 ounces) French-cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 1½- to 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter or oil. Add the onion rings and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Place the flaxseeds on a large plate. Add the browned onion rings and toss with the flaxseeds to coat. Set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter or oil. Cook the chopped onion and mushrooms for 8 minutes, or until most of the liquid has absorbed. Add the green beans and broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cream cheese until melted. Stir in the Parmesan and red pepper. Pour into the baking dish. Arrange the onion rings over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.