- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 green tomatoes
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ¾ cup (95 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (60 g) yellow cornmeal
- Vegetable oil for frying
How to Make It
- Slice the tomatoes about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick. Season both sides with salt and pepper
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and cornmeal. Add an additional ½ teaspoon salt.
- Pour about ¼ inch (6 mm) of oil into the skillet and heat it to 350°F (175°C). Cook the tomato slices for 2 minutes on each side or until they’re golden all over and brown in some places. Drain them on paper towels and serve warm.