- Yield: 20 bites
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 Minutes
- 500 g Basic Grilled Fish, flaked
- 450 g mashed potatoes
- 5 ml salt
- 2 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 125 ml wholewheat flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300 g dried breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Tomato sauce or tartare sauce, for serving
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, mix the flaked fish, mashed potatoes, salt and pepper together.
- Roll the fish mixture into bite-sized balls and place on a tray. Flatten gently with the back of a spoon and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Dip the fish bites into the flour, dusting off the excess, and then dip into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange on a tray and continue until all of the fish is breaded.
- Heat the oil to a moderate temperature and shallow-fry the bites for 6–8 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- rain on kitchen paper and serve with tomato sauce or tartare sauce.