- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 200 g lean pork mince or sausage meat
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 g dried breadcrumbs (I always buy my breadcrumbs!)
- 1 egg
- 1 small lemon juice and zest
- 60 ml chopped fresh herbs, such as sage, tarragon and parsley
- 50 g pistachio nuts, toasted and chopped
- 50 g dried cranberries
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Basic Roast Chicken, before it goes into the oven
How to Make It
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the chicken, until well mixed.
- Using your hands, push the stuffing into the cavity of the chicken.
- Tie the legs together with string and roast according to the method for the basic roast chicken.