This one is for all my fellow chocoholics who know what it’s like to get a craving for something rich, moist and chocolaty that needs to be satisfied fast. For an even deeper chocolate taste, replace the chocolate chips with dark chocolate chunks and enjoy the benefit of some added antioxidants.
- Yield: 1 muffin
- 2 tbsp (13 g) oat flour
- 1½ tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp (44–59 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1½ tsp (7 ml) vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp (6 g) mini chocolate chips (for vegan option, use vegan chocolate chips)
- Combine the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a small microwave-safe mug or bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips, and mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, saving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Microwave your muffin on high for 2 minutes and allow it to cool slightly before enjoying.