Stuffed celery became a natural hit at dinner parties and luncheons in the 1960s since the groove in the center practically begged to be filled. There were different variations on stuffed celery to fit the occasion: soft cheeses topped with spices like paprika for sophisticated events or nuts and cranberries for holidays. I prefer this cream cheese variation since it can be dressed up or down for any setting.
- Yield: 24 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons chopped pimento-stuffed olives
- A few pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch celery, cut into 3- to 4-inch-long pieces
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, chopped olives, and pepper until creamy.
- Fill the cavities of the celery with the cream cheese mixture. Serve.