- Yield: 6 Servings, about ¾ cup per serving
- ½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup finely diced carrots
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 0.12 teaspoon salt
- 0.12 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Once quinoa is cold, add the remaining ingredients and toss. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Fluff with a fork when ready to serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.