- 4 cups (1 liter) Chicken Stock
- ½ cup (125 ml) Basic Spice Paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 salam leaf (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tender inner part of bottom third only, bruised
- 14 oz (400 g) boneless chicken, skin removed, ground Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Crispy Fried Shallots
How to Make It
- Bring the Chicken Stock to a boil in a stockpot or large saucepan. Wrap the Spice Paste and black peppercorns into a piece of cotton cloth and tie with a string. Add the Spice Paste bundle, the salam leaf, and lemongrass to the the soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the Spice Paste bundle from the soup and discard. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with Crispy Fried Shallots.