- Yield: 125 ml (½ cup)
- ½ cup (125 ml) cooking oil
- 4 fresh chilli peppers of your choice, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- One 2-in (5-cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 2 green onions (scallions), finely minced
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
How to Make It
- In a wok or small pot, add the oil, chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. The oil will begin to heat up and gently sizzle the ingredients. As soon as you start smelling the fragrant aromatics, turn the heat to low. Cook on low for 1 minute. Add the green onion, salt and sugar. Stir and remove from the heat and let cool.
- Store unused Chilli Garlic Sauce in a clean jar and refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.