Scallopini are cuts of meat that are pounded thin and then cooked to perfection in about 6 minutes. For a beautifully browned crust, make sure the pan and oil are hot the chicken should hiss as it hits the pan.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to Make It
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound to 1⁄4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- Combine egg white and water in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow dish. Dip each chicken breast half in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of chicken to pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken.
- Add broth and lemon juice to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook, uncovered, over high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to 1⁄3 cup. Drizzle sauce over chicken. Serve with pan roasted asparagus and tomatoes.