A hearty bowl packed with goodness and full of flavour. Prepare all the ingredients the night before and you’ll be able to quickly throw this lunch together and head out the door. Easy!
- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 75 g chicken breast fillet
- 60 g brown rice
- Oil spray
- 1 small handful baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 30 g reduced-salt low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 40 g hummus
- Lemon wedges, to serve
How to Make It
- Whisk the lemon juice, parsley, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Place the chicken in the bowl and rub with the spice mix. Ensure all the chicken is coated. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. Alternatively, leave to marinate overnight.
- Place the rice and 300 ml of water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20–25 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Add the chicken and cook for 5–6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest. Cut into thick slices.
- Place the spinach, tomato, cucumber, onion, olives and feta in a bowl and toss gently to combine.
- To serve, place the rice into one half of a serving bowl. Place the salad into the other half and top with the chicken and hummus. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.