Everyone needs a good retro snack for a cocktail party. This one uses one of everyone’s favorite veggie the baby carrot. And the sauce is more sophisticated than mixing ketchup with grape jelly it adds cherry jam and bourbon to premade ketchup. Don’t forget you can make your own ketchup, too.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- ½ cup (120 g) ketchup
- ½ cup (115 g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) bourbon (or sub whiskey or rum)
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) cherry jam or preserves
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bag (1 pound, or 454 g) baby carrots
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients and store overnight in the fridge.
- Add the carrots and sauce to your small slow cooker, and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.