Move over boring salad this one wins the day! If you’re not super keen on aubergine, chargrilled courgette also works really well.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 60 g quinoa
- ¼ medium aubergine, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- Oil spray
- 4 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 small handful rocket leaves
- 150 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 30 g reduced-salt low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
How to Make It
- Place the quinoa and 160 ml of water in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10–12 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Heat a barbecue grill-plate or chargrill pan over high heat.
- Lightly spray the aubergine slices with oil spray. Grill for 4–6 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, place the quinoa, olives, rocket, chickpeas, basil and aubergine in a serving bowl. Season with pepper if desired, and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle over the feta.