- ½ oz Grand Marnier
- ½ oz Navan vanilla cognac
- Pinch of freshly grated cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 drops freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 oz boiling water
- 1 piece lemon zest, 3 inches long and ¼ inches wide, pith removed
- 1 clove
How to Make It
- This little cocktail warms you from the inside and is perfect after a day on the slopes. Both the orange and vanilla are complemented with the flavours of cinnamon and nutmeg, which are reminiscent of the holidays. Lemon juice only slightly raises the acidity to cut the subtle sweetness of the liqueurs, and the clove comes singing at the end. Pour
- Grand Marnier and Navan into a heated espresso cup. Add cinnamon and nutmeg, then add lemon juice. Top with boiling water.
- Gently fold the strip of lemon zest in half and pierce with 1 clove to hold the two ends together, then drop into the espresso cup. The oils from the lemon and the essence of clove will release into the warm cocktail.