- Yield: 4 Servings
- 5 Tbs split green gram dhal (skinned ft split)
- 8 oz (250 g) carrots
- 2 Tbs coconut, grated
- 1 Tbs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida
How to Make It
- Wash the green gram dhal in water, then cover with fresh water and leave to stand for 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil over a low heat in a small pan. Add the black mustard seeds, and when they start to splutter add the asafetida. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a serving bowl mix the green gram dhal, carrot, coconut, coriander leaves, and salt to taste.
- Pour the tempering over the salad, add the lime juice and toss well. Serve immediately.