In the first draft of recipes for this book I found that I had 18 dishes with pomegranate arils (seeds) in them. I had to pare this back as getting ripe full-flavoured pomegranates isn’t always easy but I do love the sweet and sour flavour of this amazing fruit and there are so many ways to use it, starting with breakfast and moving right through the day.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 large dark red ripe pomegranate
- 25 seedless red grapes
- 2 cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 300 ml natural coconut water
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 large ripe banana
- 80 g ice cubes
- Cut the pomegranate in half and tease out a small amount of seeds for serving. Squeeze the juice from the remaining pomegranate by using an old-fashioned orange juicer.
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend on high until smooth. Divide between 2 glasses and sprinkle with the reserved seeds.