- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1⅓ cups wild rice
- 3½ cups water
- 1 each red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, skinned, seeded, and thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled, pith removed, and cubed
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- generous handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
For the Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Put the wild rice and water into a large pan and bring to a boil. Stir, then cover and simmer for 40 minutes, or until the rice is al dente (firm to the bite). Uncover the rice for the last few minutes of cooking to let any excess water evaporate.
- To make the dressing, put the crushed garlic, vinegar, olive oil, and seasoning into a screw-top jar and shake vigorously. Add extra vinegar, oil, or seasoning as required.
- Drain the rice and turn into a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and mix in. Then mix in the chopped bell peppers, cucumber, orange, tomatoes, red onion, and flat-leaf parsley and serve.