- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 oz/225 g trout fillets
- 8 oz/225 g white fish fillets (such as haddock or cod)
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 stem lemongrass
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 large red chile
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and shredded
- 4 oz/115 g fresh pineapple flesh, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and trimmed
- fresh snipped chives, to garnish
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- pinch of chili powder
- 1 tsp clear honey
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Rinse the fish, place in a skillet and pour over the water. Bend the lemongrass in half to bruise it and add to the skillet with the lime leaves. Prick the chile with a fork and add to the pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 7–8 minutes. Let cool.
- Drain the fish fillet thoroughly, then flake the flesh away from the skin and place it in a bowl. Gently stir in the scallions, pineapple and bell pepper.
- Arrange the washed watercress on 4 serving plates and spoon the cooked fish mixture on top.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together, seasoning well. Spoon it over the fish and serve the salad garnished with chives.