- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 12 oz/350 g cooked, shucked mussels, thawed if frozen
- 1 head radicchio
- ¾ cup arugula
- 8 cooked green-lipped mussels in their shells
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Put the bell peppers, skin-side up, on a broiler rack and cook under a preheated broiler for 8–10 minutes, or until the skin is charred and blistered and the flesh is soft. Remove from the broiler with tongs, put into a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle, then peel off the skins.
- Slice the bell pepper flesh into thin strips and put into a bowl. Gently stir in the shucked mussels.
- To make the dressing, whisk the oil, lemon juice and peel, honey, mustard, and chives together until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the bell pepper and mussel mixture and toss until coated.
- Remove the central core of the radicchio and shred the leaves. Put into a serving bowl with the arugula and toss together.
- Pile the mussel mixture into the center of the leaves and arrange the green-lipped mussels in their shells around the edge of the bowl.