- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 Hours
- 1–1½ lbs stew meat
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, optional
- 1¾ cups low-sodium, gluten-free beef broth
- 1 broth can of water
- 5 shakes Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 2 bay leaves, optional
- ½ lb baby carrots
- 5 medium white potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, cut into ½" chunks
How to Make It
- In a nonstick skillet, brown stew meat and chopped onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if you wish. Transfer mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add broth and water, and Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves if you choose to. Stir together well.
- Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
- Layer in vegetables. Push down into liquid as much as you can. Cover and continue cooking on Low for 4 more hours.
- If the stew seems to get dry, add ½ cup water.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.