The flavors are all still present, and everyone can build their own with the ingredients they most prefer. It’s okay to be flexible with a recipe: when all else fails, keep it simple.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 6 to 8 basil leaves, torn to pieces
- ¼ cup Soy Dressing
- 1 head butter lettuce, separated into leaves, washed, dried, and roughly chopped
- 2 ripe but firm avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into slices
How to Make It
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 5 minutes until soft.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rice noodles, carrots, and cucumber and toss with the basil and half of the soy dressing.
- Divide the lettuce among four bowls and top with the dressed noodles.
- Finish with the sliced avocado and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.