If you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight staple, this recipe is for you! It’s as easy as tossing the chicken into the slow cooker and pouring in the barbecue sauce the slow cooker does all the work. Simply shred the cooked chicken with two forks. To serve, pile it onto yeast rolls with an extra bit of barbecue sauce. Then top it off with dill pickles. It’s that easy!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Oil mister or cooking spray
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ sauce
- 6 yeast rolls, homemade or store-bought
- Dill pickles, homemade or store-bought, for serving
- Lightly spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with oil. Put the chicken in the cooker and pour half of the barbecue sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Serve on yeast rolls with the remaining sauce and pickles.