For a prepacked meal for tomorrow’s lunch, store in single serving-sized containers, and refrigerate.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 4 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 9 Minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package precooked whole-grain brown rice (such as Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice)
- 1 (16-ounce) can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chiles, undrained (such as Del Monte)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (7½-inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms to pan; cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice and next 4 ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- While rice mixture cooks, warm tortillas according to package directions. Sprinkle rice mixture with cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately with tortillas.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.