Shkembe Chorba means tripe soup, and it is one of the best dishes out of Bulgaria. Its original aroma, taste, and flavors are something to look forward to. It gets better; Shekembe Chorba is believed to be a cure for hangovers talk about a complete package.
- 1 lb tripe
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and diced)
- Dried hot chili pepper
- Boil the tripe for a few minutes. Get rid of the marks on the sides of the tripe with a knife. Rinse it and put in a pot of cold water. Boil t.
- Let it boil for about 5 hours. Make sure to add water at intervals so the tripe is covered with water at all times.
- Remove the tripe (leave the stock for now) and cut it into small pieces.
- Now, get back to the stock and add salt, milk, oil, and paprika. Boil for an additional 15 minutes. Mix the tripe with the soup and serve.
- Serve with vinegar, salt, chopped garlic, and ground chili if you want, although they should be in a different bowl or dish.