Just about every grandma had her own recipe for delicious scalloped potatoes. This one is extra yummy, with bacon and cheese!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 slices bacon, halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp fried chicken coating mix
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cover potatoes with water. Cook until almost tender; drain. Meanwhile, cook bacon and onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain and set aside bacon mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Add coating mix, salt and milk to reserved drippings; cook until thickened. Fold potatoes into bacon mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; top with cheese and bake for another 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.