- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 3-4 pastured chicken legs and thighs with skin, separated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons solid cooking fat
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups button or crimini mushrooms, halved
- ¼ cup fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup bone broth
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- ½ lemon juiced
How to Make It
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Thoroughly dry the chicken and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Heat the cooking fat in a skillet or cast-iron pan on medium-high heat. When it is ready, brown the chicken, skin side down for 8 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside. Turn the heat down to medium and add the garlic, stirring while cooking for a minute. Add the mushrooms and sage, cooking for another few minutes while stirring. Turn off the heat, add the applecider vinegar and return the chicken to the pan, with the crispy browned skin facing up.
- Add the bone broth and water, and place the pan in the oven. Cook for 35-45 minutes, or until the a thermometer reads an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with pan juices and fresh lemon juice squeezed on top.