- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- 3-4 pound free-range chicken, cleaned and dried
- Sea salt to taste
- A few sprigs of fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary or sage)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 lemon, quartered
How to Make It
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub sea salt all over the inside and outside of your chicken. Place on a rack in a roasting dish breast up (alternately you can use a bed of roughly chopped carrots and celery). Poke the sprigs of herbs and garlic halves under the skin at the neck and the rear of the bird. Fill the cavity with the lemon quarters and leftover herbs.
- Cook for 20 minutes, flip, cook another 20 minutes, flip and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees when measured in the thickest portion of the thigh. Remove and let rest before serving.