Pork is the most popular meat in Thailand, prepared in many different ways. This is a very simple, quickly prepared curry.
- ½ cup (125 ml) coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- 12 oz (375 g) pork tenderloin (pork fillet), cut into bite-sized slices
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) pea-sized eggplants
- 1½ cups (375 ml) thin coconut milk
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, halved
- 1 red finger-length chili, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (20 g) Thai basil leaves (horapa)
How to Make It
- Bring the coconut cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the Red Curry Paste, pork, eggplant and coconut milk. Stir well and simmer over low heat until done, about 15 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar, kaffir lime leaves and chili. Stir and heat through, then remove from the heat and garnish with the basil.