- Yield: 60 biscotti
- 3¼ cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 8 ounces toasted almonds
- 3 whole eggs + 3 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup vinsanto
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
How to Make It
- Mound the flour on a flat surface, and make a well in the center. Add the eggs and 2 yolks, the sugar, butter, vin santo and a pinch of salt to the well.
- Work the ingredients into the flour to make a dough, and fold the almonds in.
- Shape the dough into a log, and place on a buttered and floured baking sheet (or lined with oven paper). Brush with the remaining egg yolk, and bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and, using a knife, slice the log into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Arrange the biscotti on a baking sheet, and return to the oven for about 10 minutes to toast on both sides.