- Yield: 24
- Total Time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for the baking pan
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for pressing in the dough
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to Make It
- Line a buttered 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang; butter the parchment. Process the flour, butter, sugar, and salt in a food processor until fine crumbs form. With floured fingers, press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F until just beginning to brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Bring the sugars, butter, honey, and cream to a boil in a medium saucepan; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the pecans and vanilla. Spread over the crust and let cool for 1 hour. Cut into 24 rectangles.