- Yield: 8 mini cakes
- 16 ounces Cool Whip topping
- 20 ounce can pineapple, crushed and drained, reserving the juice
- 3 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounce can mandarin orange segments (Do not drain! You will use the juice in the cake mix)
- Nonstick spray
How to Make It
- In one bowl, combine the topping ingredients together. Cover and place in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove 8 mandarin segments and set to the side. Add the remaining mandarin oranges plus the juice into the batter. Mix well.
- Lightly coat the ramekins with the nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter to ramekins.
- Place 1 cup of water in your pot and place trivet at the bottom of the pot. Place ramekins in a pyramid formation onto the trivet three on the bottom (spaced out), and one in the middle on top of the rims of the other three.
- Lock lid and close vent. Cook on High Manual Pressure for 9 minutes, and then QPR once done.
- Remove and allow to cool on a baker’s rack. While cooling, work on your second batch. Allow ramekins to cool for 10 minutes, and then place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove cakes from ramekins. Cover with topping and garnish with a mandarin orange segment.