- Yield: 1 tart, or 12 minis
For the Crust
- 1¼ cups water
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup couscous
For Tofu Filling
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water, as needed
- 19 ounces silken tofu, drained well
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
How to Make It
For the Crust
- To your pot, add water, chocolate chips, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla extract. Press Sauté and bring ingredients to a simmer. During the process, stir until the chocolate chips have melted and it has started to thicken a little.
- Once the thickening process has started, press the Cancel button on your pot. Stir in the couscous. Let it rest in the mixture for 2–3 minutes, and then remove the pot from the machine. Allow to cool for 15–20 minutes. Spread the crust evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Clean and dry your pot for next portion of recipe. For the Filling
- Press Sauté button at Low Heat setting on your machine. Add sugar, chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon of water (add extra water as needed). Stir constantly to ensure that you get a smooth mixture.
- Once you’ve achieved the smooth mixture, remove pot from machine. To a blender or food processor, add chocolate mixture, tofu, and cocoa powder. Blend until completely smooth. Pour your tofu filling into the crust-lined pan. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. Overnight works best.