- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 40 g tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small handful baby spinach leaves
- ½ medium cucumber, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- ¼ small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 100 g tinned tuna in springwater, drained and flaked ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Finely grated lemon zest and juice, to taste
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
How to Make It
- Place the cannellini beans in a small bowl and roughly mash using a fork until a chunky paste has formed.
- Place the spinach, cucumber and fennel in another small bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Place the tuna, onion, capers, parsley, pepper, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- To serve, place the slice of bread on a serving plate. Spread over the cannellini bean paste and top with cucumber mixture and tuna mixture. Squeeze over a little extra lemon juice, if desired.