It’s super easy to make and gives your lunch an amazing texture boost.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- ½ wholemeal pita bread
- Oil spray
- ½ medium cucumber, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 small handful fresh parsley leaves
- 30 g reduced-salt low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 75 g hummus
- ¼ lemon juice
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan/gas 6) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay the pita bread on the lined baking tray and spray lightly with oil spray. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes until it begins to colour. Turn over and bake for a further 5–8 minutes or until both sides are lightly coloured and set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, break into bite-sized pieces.
- To make the hummus dressing, whisk the hummus, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of water together in a small bowl. If it is too thick, add ¼ teaspoon of water at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- To serve, place the pita pieces, cucumber, tomato, radish, onion, mint, and parsley in a serving bowl and toss gently to combine. Drizzle over the hummus dressing and top with the feta.