This is a pot dish that is made with the perfect combination of flavors and makes for a quick dinner you can make in a hurry.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 50 Minutes
- 12 ounces of chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil, evenly divided
- ½ teaspoons of salt
- ¼ teaspoons of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 cup of white rice
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- ½ of a yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ of a yellow bell peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- 2 cups of baby spinach
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the chicken breasts with a dash of salt, dried oregano and black pepper.
- In a pot set over medium heat, add in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add in the chicken. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until seared. Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into the pot. Add in the onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add in the minced garlic and sliced mushrooms. Continue to cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add in the chopped yellow bell peppers and white rice. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in the low sodium chicken broth and spinach. Cover and transfer immediately into the oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pot. Continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- Remove and serve immediately.