- Yield: 4 Servings
- 16 large mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- clove garlic, minced
- Chopped parsley
- Minced chili pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Stale crusty Italian bread
How to Make It
- Place the mussels in a pot with a bit of water. Cover, and cook until they open. Remove the mussels from the pot, strain the cooking liquid and reserve.
- Remove the mussels from the shell, and combine in a bowl with the garlic, parsley and chili pepper. Season with salt, add 6 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid from the mussels. Mix well.
- Cut the bread into 8 slices, and carve a small hole in the centre of each. Fill each bread slice with the mussel mixture, and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until the bread is toasted.