- Yield: 4 Servings
- 6 ounces chicken livers
- 1 onion
- 1 sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- Dry vinsanto
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Stale crusty Italian bread, sliced and toasted
How to Make It
- In a skillet, warm 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Finely chop the onion, and add to the skillet. Cook until it starts to brown. Add the sausage, and cook over low heat.
- Add the chicken livers (cleaned, peeled and chopped). Season with salt and pepper, add some sage, and cook for about 15 minutes, deglazing with vinsanto when it starts to dry.
- To serve, dip one side of the toasted bread in the vinsanto, and place the liver mixture on the other side.