A traditional dessert, with a tangy twist.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 200 g castor sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 30 ml marmalade
- 5 ml white wine vinegar
- 30 ml butter, melted
- 150 g cake flour
- a pinch of salt
- 5 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 125 ml cream
- 100 g good-quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g butter
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease an ovenproof dish with butter. To make the Malva
- Cream together the sugar and eggs until thick, pale and fluffy. Stir in the marmalade, vinegar and butter. Sift together the dry ingredients and fold into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the cream and dark chocolate. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until golden-brown on the top and cooked through. To make the Sauce
- While the malva is baking make the sauce. Place all the ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pudding from the oven and pour the sauce over it immediately.