- Yield: 8 Servings
- 8 oz (225 g) caster or granulated sugar
- 2 sprigs of lemon verbena
- 3 lemon juice
- 1 egg white (optional)
How to Make It
- Place the sugar, 600 ml (1 pint) water and the lemon verbena sprigs in a saucepan over a medium–low heat. Bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and take out the lemon verbena sprigs. Allow the syrup to get quite cold, then add the strained juice of 3 lemons.
- Strain and freeze in an ice-cream machine or sorbetière. If you don’t have an ice-cream machine or sorbetière, simply freeze the sorbet in a freezable bowl. When it is semi-frozen, whisk until smooth and return to the freezer. Whisk again when almost frozen and fold in the stiffly beaten egg white.
- If you have access to a food processor, you can simply freeze the sorbet completely in a tray, then break up and whiz for a few seconds in the processor. Drop the slightly beaten egg white down the tube, whiz and freeze again. Keep in the freezer until needed.
- Serve in chilled glasses or chilled bowls. If you like, you can splash over a little pink prosecco.