This is a light and savory pot dish that is perfect to serve during the weekend. It will soon become every seafood lovers dream.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 8 ounces of fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1½ cup of low-fat milk
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons of powdered nutmeg
- ½ of a lemon, juice only
- 12 ounces of shrimp, peeled
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley, chopped and for garnish
How to Make It
- In a pot set over medium heat, add in the olive oil. Add in the minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add in the all-purpose flour. Whisk to mix.
- Add in the low-sodium chicken broth and low-fat milk. Whisk until smooth in consistency. Add in the lemon juice and powdered nutmeg. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Allow to come to a boil.
- Add in the fettuccine. Cook for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the shrimp and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add in the grated Parmesan cheese and stir well to incorporate.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of chopped parsley.